I’ve been wanting to get more active on my blog, and within the book reviewing community, one way I thought to do it was get in on a blog meme! So I researched and this one certainly sounds like a fun way to start.
(created by The Broke and the Bookish, continued on by That Artsy Reader Girl)
Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read
There. Are. So. Many.
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini – It’s basically classed as a classic by now, I’ve seen so many people say it was apart of their childhood. Just not mine. This series blew past me and it’s been on my Goodreads TBR since I first opened an account. I love dragons and have a feeling I’m missing out. I just haven’t made it to picking it up yet. Will I ever? Who knows.
- The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead – I have actually read every other book in this series after getting hooked on the Vampire Academy. I waited for every Bloodlines book to be released with such patience. Maybe my patience just ran out after 5 books and I didn’t rush to get the final one. I’d probably have to do a full series reread before I read this one because I honestly only remember the main plot line. That just seems like a lot of effort when I could be reading new exciting books.
- The Archived by V. E. Schwab – *gasp* I LOVE her books. She is my favourite author and I had this book shelved before I even knew who she was (it’s fate I tell you). Yet even knowing who wrote this series, I still haven’t read them. I want to, these are ones I know I will pick up, but I don’t know when.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – I love sci-fi, yet I’ve never read any classic, beloved novels from the genre. I have this all ready to go on my kindle, I just haven’t. I feel like I would have to seriously been in the mood to read this book and I haven’t yet. Fingers crossed I get there.
- Any Virginia Woolf – The people I know love her novels, some just love her. I’ve always felt the need to read at least one of her books, it’s just choosing which one. (Any suggestions?)
- The Handmaid’s Tail by Margaret Atwood – The only reason I haven’t read this yet is because I don’t own it. That is easily rectifiable, however other novels always seem to jump ahead.
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales – I own a beautiful copy and I’ve read about… 3 of the stories in there. I am ashamed to call myself a fairy tale lover.
- Hans Christian Andersen’s Fairy Tales – This is a trend.
- One Thousand and One Nights – A terrible, terrible trend. Especially when they are this beautiful…
- The Burning Page by Genevieve Cogman – This is another case of, I read the others but just haven’t got around to picking up the next in the series. I’m starting to realise that I love series but am often terrible at continuing them when I don’t already own them. Unless I’ve been highly anticipating them for ages (Crooked Kingdom, Winter – I could go on).
So these are mine, and now I’ve realised maybe I should move these books up the TBR list and get it over with. What are yours? Do you have any better reasons than my stupid ones for not reading these books?